Aktuelle Zeit: 28. Juli 2017, 08:46  change blocks

User Information

Registrierung
Shit from the Lip
Hear the World initiative

Hey Idol´s www.idolrock.de ist seit dem 7.09.2009 neben BILLY IDOL und den anderen Stars, Vertreter der Hear the World initiative.

Hear the world

Partnerseiten

idolpeter

AbonnentenAbonnenten: 0
LesezeichenLesezeichen: 0
Zugriffe: 248

October 07, 2014 Dancing With Myself 
AutorNachricht
Forum Admin

Beitrag October 07, 2014 Dancing With Myself
Dancing With Myself

Bild

Billy Idol

Pub: October 07, 2014

Touchstone
Pre-Order

An early architect of punk rock’s sound, style, and fury, whose lip-curling sneer and fist-pumping personae vaulted him into pop mainstream as one of MTV’s first stars, Billy Idol remains an iconic music legend. Now, in his long-awaited autobiography, Dancing With Myself, he delivers an electric, searingly honest account of his journey to fame—including intimate and unapologetic details about his life’s high highs and low lows—all rendered with the in-your-face attitude and fire his fans have embraced for decades. Beyond adding his uniquely qualified perspective to the evolution of rock, Idol is a brash, lively chronicler of his own career. A survivor’s story, an equally enchanting, chilling, and always riveting account of one man’s creative drive joining forces with unbridled human desire, this much-anticipated memoir is unmistakably literary in its character and brave in its sheer willingness to tell. Billy Idol is destined to emerge as one of the great writers among his musical peers.

*** Der Link ist nur für Mitglieder sichtbar, zum Login. ***

27. Mai 2014, 12:51
Profil Besuche Website
Forum Admin

Beitrag Re: October 07, 2014 Dancing With Myself
Kurzbeschreibung
Erscheinungstermin: 7. Oktober 2014
In this bold and candid memoir, music legend Billy Idol shares his life story—from his childhood in England to his rise to fame during the height of the punk-pop revolution—revealing intimate details about the sex, drugs, and rock and roll that he is so fabulously famous for—all told in his own utterly indelible voice.

An integral member of the punk rock revolution whose music crossed over into ’80s pop mainstream—and one of MTV’s first stars—Billy Idol remains an iconic music legend. Now, in his long-awaited Dancing With Myself, he delivers a lively, candid account of his journey to fame—including intimate and unapologetic details about his life’s highs and lows—all rendered with the in-your-face attitude and exuberance his fans have embraced. Idol brings to life the key events that shaped his life, his music, and his career, including his early childhood in England, his year at Sussex University, and his time spent hanging out with the Sex Pistols and as a member of punk bands Chelsea and Generation X.

He shares outtakes from his wildly and unexpectedly successful solo career and stories behind his string of popular hits, including “White Wedding,” “Eyes Without a Face,” and “Rebel Yell,” which involved close collaboration with Steve Stevens and ultimately led to the creation of some of the most groundbreaking music videos ever seen.

Featuring sixteen pages of full-color, behind-the-scenes photos, Dancing With Myself is both a tale of survival and a celebration of the heady days when punk was born—a compelling and satisfying insider’s tale from a man who made music history firsthand.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

30. Mai 2014, 10:43
Profil Besuche Website